Monday, October 18, 2010

Exhausted!

This weekend was just busy!  The zoo and the circus...here is how it went....

Saturday night, the zoo.  We left at 4:30, walked around a whole bunch and we left about 8.  Honey Bunny got to spend the evening with two of her BFFs...she was happy.
I was smart this time...I took Love Boy's costume off and put him in his pjs and night time diaper before leaving!   We got home and just carried him up to bed.   JACKPOT!  (It too me having two kids to be smart enough to do this....:)  )  Honey Bunny literally sat on the bed while hubby put her pjs on her.  She went straight to sleep.   So did I!

Sunday afternoon, the circus.   I first have to say it was a really nice show.   Honey Bunny got to see one of her BFFs two days in a row!   I will say...it was long.  Who knew the circus had an intermission???   News to me...   Now, Love Boy is about 14 months old.   He did not nap very well and he was a mess for a good hour of the show.   He finally fell asleep on me towards the end.   I will say he was so good in the evening while I made dinner because of that little catnap.  Honey Bunny however, did not nap at all.   She was really good at the circus except towards the end she was getting cranky.  I was getting cranky!   We head home about 4:30 or 5 and she fell asleep.  No big deal for we would wake her.   Got home and I started on dinner while hubby worked on the yard.   Honey bunny stayed in the car and slept through all blowing and collecting of leaves!   Finally hubby got her about 6 and we thought she would eat and then go to bed.   She wanted to go to bed then!   She slept until 5:30 this morning!

Hubby and I were so worried about her.   We both checked on her several times thoroughout the night.   She woke up happy, having to pee, hungry AND she asked if she could brush her teeth!   That made me laugh out loud for her mouth had to be yucky.   She ate and went on to school.  

A 'bad mommy' moment did come over me though....she was dressed when she went to bed last night.   I could comb her hair she could be ready to go...for a split second I was tempted not to change her clothes!   I know, I know...bad mommy, but I DID change her outfit.  :)

The next couple of weekends are going to be busy too.   Hope to go to a pumpkin farm, maybe see motorcycle racing, SIDS race (which I plan to walk...no running for me), then birthday parties to jewelry parties to Thanksgiving!  Whew....it is all good.   We are all well and I am so blessed.

I wish all of you the best and hope you have great weekends to come too!
Love, Michele

No comments: